Saturday, January 31, 2009

Omelette. Yeah.

I know vegan omelets seems like an impossible concoction , but I think this has turned out really great. There is something comforting about eating food so similar to the things your mother has made you, or you have gotten at random diners years before. Not that I find eggs particularly comforting, but a nice fluffy, tofu and veggie omelet mimics its counterpart in a nice way. For this I basically followed the recipe over on FatFreeVegan and just added a 1/4 tsp of xanthum gum for an extra eggy texture. I also doused my omelet with black pepper.

In the pan, bacon bits, and sauteed spinach

On the plate, roasted red pepper hollandaise.


What you don't see is that I toasted an english muffin, buttered it, and made tofu benedictine.
( eggs Benedict + eggs Florentine = eggs benedictine)

For the hollandiase i just followed a recipe with some minor adjustments, like added roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and more butter, all vegan of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment